2020 Short North Gala Culinary Partner Signup
Interested in being a 2020 Short North Gala Culinary Partner? Please read the information below and fill out the form at the bottom of the page. The deadline to apply is Friday, January 31, 2020. (*Applications do not guarantee participation. Confirmed partners will be notified the following week.)
The Short North Gala, taking place on Sunday, May 3, is an annual neighborhood awards program and celebration that immerses guests in the flavors, spirit, and culinary talents found in the Short North Arts District.
Culinary partners showcase the incredible culinary talent found in the Short North Arts District’s unique restaurants, bakeries, sweet shops, and ice cream parlors, and may provide either an appetizer and/or dessert dish served at their own unique station. Chefs/creators are provided with a few parameters, but are given total creative liberty in developing their specific menu. Many use this as a time to flex creative muscles they might not normally get to exercise in their regular day-to-day menus.
- Provide a donation of food for an anticipated 600 guests (small bite portions)
- Provide staff, prep, and execution of your course at the event on Sunday, May 3 (The Short North Alliance will provide standard disposable plates, napkins, and basic station set up. Special plating/cutlery needs will have to be fulfilled by the participating restaurant.)
- Attend 1-2 Culinary Partner Meetings (date/time TBA)
- Submit final dish concept and a list of all setup and equipment needs by Monday, April 6
- Two complimentary tickets to the event to be used by the chef or business at their discretion
- Promotion of your restaurant/business in the weeks leading up to the event to the Short North Arts District’s 15,000+ Fans of the Short North email list, 70,000+ Twitter followers, 35,000+ Instagram followers, and 33,000+ Facebook followers
- Recognition from the stage and in print materials throughout the event
- Opportunity to provide vouchers/coupons/flyers to event attendees
- Social sharing of content of your choice on the Short North Arts District Twitter and Instagram accounts on the day of your choosing in 2020
- Complementary advertising of your restaurant on the Shortnorth.org homepage in our special advertising section during the week of your choice in 2020 (valued at $500)
Questions? Email Becca@ShortNorth.org.