Parking & Transit
Drive, walk, bike, bus, or car share - do it all in the Short North Arts District.
Whether visiting the monthly arts celebration that is Gallery Hop, enjoying a day of shopping, or just popping in for cocktails and dinner, navigating the parking scene as well as getting to and around the Short North Arts District is easy, no matter what the mode used.
The Short North Arts District is concentrated along High Street between King Avenue to the north and Nationwide Boulevard to the south.
Getting here from Columbus interstates
From I-71 heading south: Take the I-670 West exit toward the airport. After merging onto I-670, move to the left lane and take the US-23 exit (Exit 4B) toward High St/Third St. Keep left at the fork in the ramp. Turn right onto Convention Center Dr. Turn left onto Goodale St. Proceed to N. High St.
From I-71 heading north: I-71 North curves to the east and merges with I-70 East. Take exit US-23 (Exit 100A). Continue straight ahead to go onto Fulton St, which becomes W. Livingston Ave. Turn left onto S. High St. Follow High St through downtown to Goodale Blvd.
From I-70 heading west: Take the US-23/Fourth St exit (Exit 100B). Turn slight left onto E. Fulton St. Turn right onto S. High St. Follow High St through downtown to Goodale Blvd.
From I-70 heading east: Take the I-670 East exit toward the airport. Take the US-23 exit (Exit 4) toward Fourth St/Third St/High St. Take the US-32 North exit toward Fourth St. Turn right onto E. Goodale Blvd. Proceed to N. High St.
From OH-315 heading south: Take the I-670 East exit toward Neil Ave/Airport. Keep right at the fork for the Neil Ave exit to Vine St. Merge onto Vine St and continue straight toward N. High St.
From OH-315 heading north: Use the middle two lanes toward Worthington (Exit 106A-106B) to stay on OH-315. Keep right at the fork (Exit 106B) and follow signs for OH-315 North/Worthington. Take the I-670 East exit. Take the Neil Ave exit (Exit 3). Turn left onto Neil Ave. Turn right onto Buttles Ave toward High St.
From I-670 heading west: Use the left lane to take the US-23 exit (Exit 4B) toward High St/Third St. Keep left at the fork in the ramp. Turn right onto Convention Center Dr. Turn left onto Goodale St. Proceed to N. High St.
From I-670 heading east: Take the US-23 exit (Exit 4) toward Fourth St/Third St/High St. Take the US-32 N exit toward Fourth St. Turn right onto E. Goodale Blvd. Proceed to N. High St.
Parking Meters and On-Street Parking
910 public parking meters that cost 75¢ per hour (but are free on Sundays and all City of Columbus holidays), accepting both quarters and all major credit cards, are located widely throughout the Short North Arts District on these streets:
- North High Street (from Nationwide Blvd to 6th Ave)
- Park Street (from Buttles Ave to Vine St)
- Goodale Street (west of Park St) bordering Goodale Park
- Around the North Market (on Spruce, Vine, and Wall Sts)
- Pearl Alley (from Hubbard Ave up to 1st Ave)
- Hubbard Avenue (both east and west of High St)
Hundreds of free, on street parking spaces can be found on the following residential streets:
- North Fourth and Summit Streets (from King Ave to Warren St)
- Neil Avenue (from Goodale to King Ave)
- First, Second, Price, Starr, Third, Fourth, Fifth Avenues and Smith Place (both east and west of High St)
- Buttles Avenue from High Street to Neil Avenue
Avoid parking on the following permit parking-only residential streets:
- All streets east of High Street in Italian Village from Hubbard to Poplar Avenues
- All streets west of High Street and east of Neil Avenue in Victorian Village from Prescott Street to Poplar Avenue
In general, keep a look out for street signs to communicate any parking restrictions or call the Short North Ambassadors at (614) 636.5100 for assistance with parking.
Parking Garages and Surface Lots
There are several parking garages in the Short North Arts District that offer convenient public parking on an hourly or daily basis as well as monthly permit parking, including:
- The Hub Garage at 20 E. Hubbard St
- The Joseph Garage at 33 W. Russell St
- Arena District off Nationwide Blvd
- OSU South Campus Gateway at 11th Ave and N. High St
Choose to pre-pay for your parking at The Hub Garage, The Joseph Garage, or the Arena District Garage, which will guarantee your vehicle a space, making it a worry-free process. You can also choose to pre-pay for parking through Parking Panda. Click here to see learn more.
City of Columbus code allows for valet parking to be available for anyone to use whenever it is offered on a public street, no matter your destination. The following locations offer valet parking on these days at times:
– Location: 811 Highland St
– Valet parking offered: M-S, 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Su, 1:00pm – 10:00pm
– Location: 793 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: T-S, 5:00pm – 12:00am
– Location: 790 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: Th-S, 5:00pm – 2:00am
Level Dining Lounge
– Location: 700 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: Daily, 6:00pm – 2:00am
– Location: 698 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: M-S, 4:00pm – 10:00om
Le Meridien, The Joseph Hotel
– Location: 624 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: Daily, 24 hours; $30 a day
Marcella’s Italian Ristorante, Pizzeria & Wine Bar
The Pearl Restaurant, Tavern & Oyster Bar
Lemongrass Fusion Bistro
– Location: 515 Park St
– Valet parking offered: M-S, 5:00pm – 2:00am; Su, 10:00am – 2:00am
Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Black Point Restaurant
– Location: 569 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: Daily, 4:00pm – 3:00am
Hampton Inn & Suites
– Location: 501 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: Daily, 24 hours
Martini Modern Italian
– Location: 515 Park St
– Valet parking offered: Daily, 6:00pm – 12:00am
Hilton Columbus Downtown
– Location: 401 N. High St
– Valet parking offered: Daily, 24 hours; $24 a day
Alternative Transit Options
Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA)
COTA is the public transit operator for the City of Columbus. It offers bus service on all lines daily from 7:00am – 12:00am and select lines until 3:00am.
There are a number of COTA routes that lead to the Short North Arts District. The #2, #5, #7, #8, CBUS, and #21 Night Owl routes travel along High Street, with many transfer options available. Use the COTA website to plan your trip.
In the event of a temporary reroute, COTA provides rider alerts on its website with information about the alternate route and the expected duration of the reroute.
CoGo Bike Share
CoGo is a bikeshare designed to be used as a transport service between stations around Columbus, including four stations located in the Short North. Daily rentals and annual membership information is available on the CoGo website.
car2go is a carshare service that can be used to travel to the Short North, with a home area that includes many neighborhoods such as Merion Village, Clintonville, Olde Town East, and downtown Columbus. Cars can be picked up and dropped off in public parking spots (including metered spots) anywhere in the Car2Go home area. Memberships to car2go are available on the car2go website.
Uber is a rideshare service that offers flat-rate rides around Columbus. Riders can reserve a car through the Uber mobile app.
Columbus has a number of taxi services that run in the Short North. Below are a few options:
- Yellow Cab of Columbus: (614) 444.4444
- Orange Cab: (614) 414.0000
- ACME Taxi: (614) 777.7777
- Blue Cab of Columbus: (614) 236.4444
Bike Facilities and Parking
Biking to and from the Short North Arts District is easy and highly encouraged. High Street throughout the Short North Arts District contains Sharrows, or bike arrows, marking that it is a shared roadway for motorists and cyclists.
Bike racks can be found on virtually every block along High Street.
Secure, covered bike parking with a bike repair station are in the following locations:
- At Lincoln and High Streets on the west side of High Street
- At Goodale Boulevard and Park Street on the west side of Goodale Boulevard
- At the North Market on Spruce Street
Walking is not only the easiest way to get around the Short North Arts District, but it is also the most fun. Click here to download the Convention Area Walking map, which features a comprehensive listing of all businesses in the Short North Arts District.