Support the Art + Soul of Columbus
Prior to COVID-19, the Short North Arts District was one of the most vibrant spots in the City of Columbus, thanks to its 350+ businesses who employed 10,000+ workers, and most of which were locally owned and operated; its 40+ acclaimed public art projects; and its creative community events and programming. As our community continues to navigate the pandemic, all of that remains at stake.
But you can make a difference and an impact in the Short North Arts District. By contributing to the Short North Alliance, you are supporting:
- Programs and promotions that help attract visitors and put dollars back into local businesses – including the Holiday Trail, the all-new universal Short North Arts District e-gift card, District Dollars, and the Gift Card Give Back programs, which together injected over $320,000 into local businesses in 2020
- Critical business support and advocacy for our Short North Arts District businesses – such as development of the Short North I.D.E.A. Council, provision of COVID-19 informational updates, supplies, resources and best practices; and administering $1 million in $10,000 COVID-19 Response and Recovery Grants to local small businesses
- Clean and safety programs that benefit local businesses – including the Short North Crime Interdiction Program and Short North Arts District Ambassador team, which oversees the safety and beautification of the District
- New public art projects throughout the Short North Arts District that employ local artists and contribute to the vibrancy of our neighborhood – like the recently completed second iteration of Summer Spray
- Creative events that bring our community together and attract business for the District’s independently-owned art galleries, retailers, restaurants, cafes, and more – including Gallery Hop, HighBall Halloween, Holiday Hop, and more
The Short North Alliance’s online giving forms are made possible with support from the Greater Columbus Arts Council BOOST Grant.
About The Short North Alliance
The Short North Alliance (SNA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that serves both the property owners and business owners of the Short North Arts District, with the mission to nurture the Short North Arts District as a vibrant, creative, and inclusive community and leading arts destination. Learn more about what’s happening in the Short North Arts District here, and more about the Short North Alliance here.