Support the Art + Soul of Columbus
By making a donation to the Short North Alliance you are supporting:
Learn more about the Short North Alliance’s work in each of these areas below.
About The Short North Alliance:
The Short North Alliance (SNA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that serves both the property owners and business owners of the Short North Arts District, with the mission to nurture the Short North Arts District as a vibrant, creative, and inclusive community and leading arts destination. Learn more about what’s happening in the Short North Arts District here, and more about the Short North Alliance here.
ABOUT THE WORK WE DO:
Learn more about how we support the Short North Arts District in the following areas:
PUBLIC ART & ARTISTS
The Short North Alliance ideates, manages, and helps fund public art projects throughout the Short North Arts District and 54 Special Improvement District that:
- Create opportunities for up-and-coming and established artists to create on a large scale and participate in learning and professional development workshops
- Contribute to the vibrancy and creativity of the Short North Arts District community
View current Short North Arts District public art projects here.
Local Businesses, including boutiques, art galleries, and arts organizations
The Short North Alliance provides support for the local business community of the Short North Arts District, which is predominantly small and locally-owned, in the following ways:
- Creative Events that attract business for the District’s independently-owned art galleries, retailers, restaurants, cafes, and more, like Gallery Hop, HighBall Halloween, Holiday Hop, and more.
- Programs and promotions that help attract visitors and put dollars back into local businesses – including the Holiday Trail, 12 Days of Holiday Deals, the Short North Arts District e-gift card program, District Dollars, as well as general marketing of individual businesses and the District as a whole.
- Critical business support and advocacy for our Short North Arts District businesses – such as development of the Short North I.D.E.A. Council, provision of COVID-19 informational updates, supplies, resources and best practices; and administering $1 million in $10,000 COVID-19 Response and Recovery Grants to local small businesses
The well-being of the Short North Arts District
The Short North Alliance developed and oversees the following initiatives and programs to support the Short North Arts District as an inclusive and vibrant community:
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (I.D.E.A.) Initiatives
- Safety Programs and Resources
- Short North Good Neighbor Pledge Program
- Clean and beautification programs that benefit local businesses – including Short North Arts District Ambassador team, who oversees the safety and beautification of the District
The Short North Alliance’s online giving forms are made possible with support from the Greater Columbus Arts Council BOOST Grant.