About: Greater Columbus Convention Center
Welcome to the award-winning Greater Columbus Convention Center, one of the busiest convention centers in North America! Managed by ASM Global and owned and developed by the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority, a $140 million expansion and renovation was completed in July 2017.
Located in the 14th largest city in the United States in the midst of a vibrant entertainment district, the GCCC offers an array of amenities to exceed your expectations:
- 1.8 million square feet
- 373,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space and 447,000 overall
- 114,000 square feet of ballroom space, including 25,000-square-foot Union Station Ballroom, 15,000-square-foot Short North Ballroom and the largest multipurpose ballroom in Ohio, 74,000-square-foot Battelle Grand
- 75 meeting rooms comprising about 118,000 square feet, nine newest with windows facing outside
- Four parking facilities with 4,000 onsite parking spaces
- Spacious atriums with elegant flooring
- Arnold Plaza featuring 10,000 square feet of event space with tent
- Upper-level show management offices overlooking exhibit halls
- Decorative lighting and colorful node walls in the concourse
- Digital meeting room signage
- 35 loading docks
- South Café & Marketplace featuring quick-service dining, specialty shops and services
- Two Guest Services Centers
- Free-standing nursing mother’s room
- Energy-saving fixtures in restrooms and LED lighting in exhibit halls
- Across the street from the Arena District and Short North Arts District offering dining, shopping and entertainment
- Minutes from John Glenn Columbus International Airport, with AirConnect shuttle stop
- Connected to five hotels by enclosed sky bridges
- Conveniently located within one-day’s drive or a 90-minute flight of the majority of the U.S.
- Artwork: The GCCC features the largest contemporary collection of Franklin County art, including the “As We Are” interactive signature piece. Tours are provided and a docent program is in development.
- Collaboration spaces: Visitors can sit, relax, and chat in gathering spaces of choice throughout the facility.
- Connectivity: Internet capabilities via Smart City include accommodating 20,000 simultaneous users throughout the facility. There is an increase in access points from 110 to 250, and more bandwidth that provides greater capacity and speed.
- Culinary creativity: Exclusive caterer Levy’s Discovery Cafe features local cuisine and beverages within the Homegrown Café, Columbus Grille, CBUS Tap Room, and Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea. The indoor, vertical Smartfarm is the first of its kind in a convention center and will produce nearly 5,000 pounds of vegetables and herbs annually for culinary use. The Live at Lunch series provides local entertainment from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month.
- Guest Service: Visitors to the facility are welcomed by the city’s largest contingent of Certified Tourism Ambassadors and two Guest Services Centers.