About: JOB OPENING – Global Gifts
Global Gifts is seeking a new part-time assistant store manager and a part-time sales associate to operate a Fair-Trade retail store located in the Short North district of Columbus.
An ideal candidate for this position must have outstanding sales and customer service skills, see themselves as a team member, and will provide support to the Store Manager with hands on operations and leadership. Responsibilities and successful traits will include:
– Providing outstanding customer service by greeting and assisting all customers, responding to customer inquiries, and anticipating their needs.
– Helping build team commitment to high standards of service, exceeding customer expectations and leading by example.
– Building and maintaining customer relationships.
– Taking the lead with orientation and onboarding of new volunteers with support from the Store Manager.
– Tracking volunteer hours and implementing the organization’s Volunteer Appreciation Program.
– Assisting the Store Manager in directing, supervising, and training associates and volunteers engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling and operating point of sale efficiently and competently.
– Creating and maintaining the store schedule with support and guidance from the Store Manager.
– Monitoring sales floor activity to ensure customers receive extraordinary service and organization’s standards are being met.
– Coordinating merchandise replenishment and the flow of merchandise from the stock room to the sales floor and assisting the store team in maintaining the store’s displays to maximize sales and product appeal.
– Assisting with ongoing efforts to grow a more inclusive and diverse community in store and organizationally.
– Understanding and sharing Global Gifts’ Fair-Trade mission and related information about artisans and products.
Sales associates work as part of a team and report directly to store manager. Good communication and following proper communication channels to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy working environment is required. Global Gifts is a not-for-profit fair-trade organization committed to providing meaningful partnerships with and support to artisans in developing countries who otherwise lack safe and fair employment opportunities. Global Gifts educates the public about the cultures and traditions related to the items we sell.
The assistant store manager will work as part of a team with the store manager, sales associates, and volunteers. Good communication and following proper communication channels to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy working environment are required. The position reports to the store manager. The assistant manager must be available to work evenings and weekends between 25-30 hours a week.
Please send your resume to email@example.com along with two references.
Visit globalgiftsft.com to learn more about these positions!