Gallery Hop Street Participant Application
ABOUT GALLERY HOP
Gallery Hop is a 35+ year tradition in Columbus’ Short North Arts District! On the first Saturday of each month, thousands of visitors converge on High Street to see new art exhibits and add to their growing art collections. With dozens of galleries and non-traditional exhibit spaces, it’s Columbus’ favorite day of the month to celebrate art and community!
Gallery Hop is an event of the Short North Alliance. Learn more at shortnorth.org/about.
ABOUT THE STREET PERFORMER & VENDOR PROGRAM
WHO: Visual artists and artisan vendors who sell handcrafted items and street performers who sing, dance, create, and more!
WHERE: Outside along the High Street sidewalks in the Short North Arts District
WHEN: From 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Gallery Hop Saturdays, the first Saturday of every month. (Hours subject to change.)
GUIDELINES: Review Gallery Hop Performer and Vendor Guidelines for the event, which are in compliance with the City of Columbus rules and regulations.
PERMITS: The Short North Alliance holds a Community Market License (No. 2013014800), issued by the City of Columbus Department of Public Safety. The Community Market License allows the Short North Alliance to have authority over the public right-of-way on High Street from Goodale St to 5th Avenue on Gallery Hop Saturdays to ensure public safety during Gallery Hop nights.
PARTICIPANT SELECTION: Performers and vendors are selected on a monthly basis at the discretion of the Short North Alliance based on the availability of space, overall mix of applicants, and in consideration of other activities that may be happening in the district during Gallery Hop. If performers and vendors meet the guidelines and space allows, the Short North Alliance will issue a permit to those selected no later than the Monday BEFORE Gallery Hop.
HOW TO APPLY: In order to participate during Gallery Hop, you must complete a monthly application via the form below to obtain a permit. Priority will be given to applications received by the 15th of the MONTH PRIOR to the date of Gallery Hop.
Please download and read the UPDATED Gallery Hop Performer and Vendor Guidelines prior to the submission of your application. Your online signature and agreement to these guidelines are required in the form below.
WHAT WE ALLOW
- Entertainers and performers of all kinds
- Non-profit or cause-related information distribution
- Visual arts or other artisan handicraft vendors*
* Anything being sold must be handcrafted. The spirit of Gallery Hop is to promote art within the Short North Arts District. Handcrafted as defined within the parameters of this event means the final product sold must be hand-created by the vendor. Therefore, elements of the piece may be manufactured but the final piece must be the creation of the vendor. Example: a vendor selling paintings: the canvas and paint are manufactured but the final product is the creation of the vendor. The Short North Alliance reserves the right to determine what acceptable handcrafted items are for purposes of Gallery Hop.
WHAT WE DO NOT ALLOW
- Food or beverage sales
- For-profit cause-related information distribution
- Pre-manufactured item sales*
- Aggressive leafleting
- Aggressive panhandling
- Activities and items that are not artistic in nature that do not contribute to the creative vibrancy of the event
* Items being sold cannot be manufactured (i.e., manufactured posters, T-shirts, books, etc.).
HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR FORM WAS SUBMITTED
If you successfully submit your form, you should see this page. The page may take a moment to load. If you’re unsure if your form was submitted and would like to confirm receipt, please contact Events & Projects Manager Madison Owens at Madison@ShortNorth.org.