Parking & Transit
Walk, Bus, Drive, Rideshare, Scoot, Bike, Skip. You can do it all here in the Short North Arts District.
Visiting the Short North Arts District is easier and safer than it has ever been. Come for the art, come to hop, come to dine, come to shop, come to celebrate. No matter what brings you here or how you get here, we look forward to seeing you. Download the Parking + Transit Guide.
Start your Short North Safe visit by parking in 9,000 parking spaces in a safe, clean, and contactless way.
Whether you park in the Short North Arts District in a garage, at a meter, or on the street, simplicity and safety are top priorities.
- Use the ParkColumbus App for contactless parking
- All parking meters are sanitized frequently by the Short North Ambassadors
- Garage parking spaces are in facilities that frequently sanitize all common touch points
- The On-Street Parking Validation Program is contactless
- There are over 8,900 parking spaces in the Short North Arts District, including:
- 680 parking meters
- 6,000 non-metered on-street parking spaces
- 2,250 garage parking spaces
- Pay for parking using the ParkColumbus app where available, card, or coin
Learn more about parking in the Short North Arts District, using the ParkColumbus App, and the District’s garages on YouTube, and click the drop-down menus below for details on different parking options.
- Pay for parking contactlessly at one of the 680 meters or one of the 6,000 non-metered on-street spaces
- Save multiple credit/debit cards and multiple license plates to your account
- The app prompts you to confirm which license plate you wish to use during your parking session
- See how many metered spaces are estimated to be available
- Zoom into a parking area to see estimates. Green-colored estimates indicate there are many metered spaces available in an area; orange-colored estimates indicate there are some metered spaces in an area; red-colored estimates indicate there are few metered spaces in an area
- Find and reserve garage parking spaces in the Castle Garage, Hub Garage, Joseph Garage, and Lincoln Garage before you drive (includes information about ADA accessible and electric vehicle spaces)
- If you reserve your garage parking in advance, garage validation is not able to be utilized at this time
- Click here to get a unique validation code to save $1 on parking
There are several public parking garages and surface lots in the Short North Arts District – five of them are brand new and contain an additional 2,250 spots. They are spread out and conveniently located throughout the District, offering hourly, daily, or monthly payment options.
Each garage frequently sanitizes common touch points in their facilities, and some allow you to find and reserve parking before your visit using the ParkColumbus App. See the ParkColumbus App drop-down menu above for more detail about its features.
Electric vehicle? Park Here:
- The Goodale Garage has 10 Tesla Supercharging stations and 10 EV stations
- The Hub Garage has two EV stations
- The Joseph Garage has one Tesla Supercharger and one EV station
- The Lincoln Garage has six EV charging stations on Level 5
Visitors can park in one of four Short North Arts District garages and pay only $1 for the first hour. Here’s how:
- Park in any of the four participating garages between 9:00am to 5:00pm, Sunday through Saturday
- Shop at any 135+ participating Short North Arts District Arts District business
- Get a garage validation sticker from the business with purchase
- Use your garage validation sticker when leaving the District to pay only $1 for your first hour of parking
The Castle: 965 N. High St | The Hub: 26 E. Hubbard Ave | The Joseph: 53 W. Russell St | Lincoln at Pearl: 40 E. Lincoln St
43 Homes | Alexanders Jewelers | AMD Services | Ampersand Asian Supper Club | Bakersfield | Bennie's Salon | Bernard’s Tavern | Black Brick | Brandt-Roberts Galleries | Brassica | C. Krueger’s | Chipotle | Columbus Eyeworks | Columbus Running Company | CorePower Yoga | Danceville, USA | Del Mar SoCal Kitchen | Donatos | First Commonwealth Bank | Forno Kitchen + Bar | Glean | Global Gifts | Goody Boy | Hai Poke | Hammond Harkins Gallery | Happy Go Lucky Home + Her | Happy Little Treats | Heartfelt Yoga | Heyman Talent | High Street Tattoo | HOMAGE | Hubbard Grille | Jolie Occasions | Karavan Treasures | Koulian Jewelers | Ladybird | Lindsay Gallery | Local Cantina | Macaron Bar | Magnolia Thuderpussy | Mallory Lane Salon | Marcia Evans Gallery | Mukha Spa | Northstar Cafe | (Not) Sheep Gallery | On Paper | One Line Coffee | Paradise Garage Bicycles | phia salon | Pizzuti Collection of the Columbus Museum of Art | Press Grill | Prologue Bookshop | Pursuit | Quinci Emporium | Red Giraffe Designs | Rocket Fizz Soda Pop & Candy Shop | rose bredl flowers + garden | rowe | Salons at High and Hubbard | Salon Lofts | Samson...A Men’s Emporium | SeeSaw | Sevell + Sevell | Sharon Weiss Gallery | Shaw Funeral Home | Sherrie Gallerie | Simply Rolled Ice Cream | Short North Food Hall | Short North Piece of Cake | Short North Pint House | Short North Stage | Sole Classics | Standard Hall | Star Jewelers on High | Store 5a | Studios on High Gallery | Tenfold | The Alibi Bourbon & Cocktail Lounge | The Candle Lab | The Eagle | The Guild House | The Happy Greek | The Lamp Shade | The Lox Bagel Shop | The Optical. Co | The Paper Daisy | The UPS Store | The W Nail Bar | TORSO | Vamp Official | Verizon | Union Café | Warby Parker | Waxxpot | Wine on High | ZenCha Tea Salon | Zest Juice Co.
Download the ParkColumbus App to your smartphone or mobile device before your visit for contactless parking payment at meters and non-metered on-street spots. See the ParkColumbus App drop-down menu above for more detail about its features.
You can also pay for parking at over 680 meters by card or coin, or pay by phone to park on the District’s side streets by calling (877) 727.5970. All meters are sanitized frequently by the Short North Ambassadors in case you pay by card or coin.
All metered parking is free after 10:00pm every day and all day on Sundays. All on-street parking is free from 8:00am-10:00pm on Sundays and City-recognized holidays.
Green-colored 30-minute meters limit parking for 30 minutes or less when visiting to quickly and easily pick up orders.
Parking ticket? Contest your ticket here.
Use the ParkColumbus App at metered and non-metered on-street parking spaces and save $1. Here’s how:
- Park at any metered or non-metered on-street parking spot
- Open the ParkColumbus App on your mobile device and follow the prompts to begin your parking session
- Click here for a unique validation code
- Click “Enter Promo Code” on the app
- Enter the unique validation code and the discount will be applied at the conclusion of your parking session
There are several valet stations throughout the Short North Arts District. The fast and friendly valets at each and any of the stands will handle your parking needs regardless of your destination.
Location: 620 N. High St (Le Meridien, The Joseph Hotel)
Valet parking offered: Daily, 24 hours; transient rate starting at $10, overnight rate of $30
Location: 569 N. High St (Hyde Park)
Valet parking offered: Su, 4:30pm – 9:30pm; M-Th, 4:30pm – 10:00pm; F-S, 4:30pm – 12:00am
Location: 501 N. High St (Hampton Inn & Suites)
Valet parking offered: Daily, 24 hours
Location: 445 N. High St (Martini Modern Italian)
Valet parking offered: Daily, 6:00pm – 12:00am
Location: 401 N. High St (Hilton Columbus Downtown)
Valet parking offered: Daily, 24 hours; $24 a day
You can apply for your annual resident permit online at ParkColumbus.com. Eligible addresses can apply for one permit per licensed driver, up to two permits per address. For eligible addresses needing additional permits, an appeal can be filed. Permits are $25 each and exempt you from time limits and payments in your permit zone.
Annual Guest Permits
Guest permits are $25 each and good for one year. They enable you to add one license plate to your online account at a time, exempting the vehicle from the posted time limits and payments in your permit zone.
24-Hour Guest Passes
Guest passes are free to request and enable you or your guest to pay $3 and park in an on-street subzone within your permit zone for 24 hours. Residents can request up to 300 guest passes per year.
Download a map of Short North Arts District permit zones here.
Residents, business owners, and employees are eligible for parking permits. Visit ParkColumbus.com to find what’s available for you.
There are over a dozen ways to get here including by bus, bike, rideshare, and walking. Each can be used in a clean way to ensure a Short North Safe visit. Choose your favorite and we’ll see you soon!
With over 40 routes serving the Greater Columbus area, your travels here by bus can prove economical and a safe way to travel to and from the District:
- Bus stops are sanitized three to six times daily throughout the Short North Arts District
- Many routes have been altered due to COVID changes
- All riders are required to wear a mask while riding any COTA bus
- The CBUS Downtown Circulator is currently not operating
- The AirConnect circulator is no longer operating
Find out more about routes, riding safely, and COTA at cota.com.
Have you your own? Ride it. We’re bike-friendly and our roads show it with Sharrows and dedicated lanes. We have bike racks at virtually every block along High Street. these are sanitized daily by the Short North Ambassadors. There are also covered parking and bike repair stations at Goodale Street and Park Street and at the North Market on Spruce Street.
Want to rent a ride for the day? Use CoGo, a transportation service powered by Lyft, that has both dockless ebikes with pedal assist technology and docking stations peppered throughout Columbus, several of which are in the Short North Arts District. CoGo offers bikes for everything from daily use to annual memberships. High contact surfaces on bikes will be disinfected each time they arrive in our depot. High contact surfaces on vans used to transport vehicles will also be disinfected at the start of each shift. Find out more about CoGo at cogobikeshare.com.
Do you need to borrow a car for an hour a day? Zipcar can take care of that along with the insurance, gas, and maintenance, plus you’ll enjoy a dedicated parking spot.
Zipcar has enhanced their cleaning protocols. All drivers are to use zipcars for essential use only, washing hands before use and sanitizing surfaces before and after use.
Reserve online or through the app, and pick up your Zipcar at our dedicated Zipcar parking station on West Hubbard and High. Find out more about Zipcar at zipcar.com.
Rideshare services like Uber, Lyft, and Yellow Cab have made getting to the Short North Arts District easier than ever before. Each service has implemented their own standards for cleaning and safety procedures. Download their apps and learn more about their cleaning and safety procedures.
Several local taxi companies regularly serve the Short North Arts District. Give them a call or hail a ride while you're here.
Yellow Cab Columbus: (614) 444.4444
Orange Cab: (614) 414.0000
ACME Taxi: (614) 777.7777
Blue Cab: (614) 236.4444
Walking is the best way to appreciate all the locally owned small businesses, galleries, dining options, and entertainment venues that make the Short North Arts District so unique. When planning your visit to the Short North Arts District, click here to follow tips to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, ensure the health of yourself, employees, and other visitors, and make your visit Short North Safe.
We’re just finishing up our Streetscape Improvement Project, which will make it all the easier to enjoy the iconic permanent murals, the Temporary Mural Series, the Short North Arts District Arches, and other unexpected works of art around virtually every corner.
The Short North Alliance has worked with employers throughout the District to offer employees discounted use of alternative transit options to and from work. These options include CoGo, Lyft, Lime, and Bird. If you are an employee at a Short North Arts District business and are interested in receiving a discount on these services, talk to your employer or email email@example.com.
Help & Feedback
The City of Columbus has a new parking demand management program in the Short North Arts District, which means things can change based on feedback. If there is something into which you would like the City to look, email parkingservices@